3 December 2007

What was that?

It was the second visit in which my cousin had made back to Malaysia ever since taking up a job with a software firm in Singapore. He had much to pack and move out of his room so had to make several visits before it's all over.

As usual I picked him up from Puduraya at the ungodly hour of 3.00 am on Saturday morning and there goes, our crazy sleepless hours all the way until noon or so. The usual programme is to make a trip to Klang for bah kut teh or the laksa shop as my cousin regain the taste that is 'food' after the ordeal of some rather ... 'tasteless' and 'crappy' food in the island republic.

Don't ask me why or spam me for writing this but having first hand accounts of cuisine from both sides of the Causeway allow him the freedom to judge on something that is close to his heart (or stomach), concluding that 'the food sucks'.

The nasi lemak in SS25 (26? I can't ever get the Sections in PJ right) were a godsend, I'd imagine to him. I had two good cups of teh tarik in an effort to stay awake. Sufficed to say it helped kept me up for the entire day!

Still, the most unusual thing to happen on what was a routine pack and move day(s) occurred at 6:30am when we were both talking in his rented room in Kelana Jaya. As usual we do the usual rubbish and exchanged stories (mostly from him) while the packing was done, when suddenly we stopped.

Our heads turned sharply to the direction outside his door and towards the staircase.

It was clear enough that he and I both noticed the same thing - the rather feminine or childish voice of a giggle as if laughing together with him and I about a joke.

Our conversation carried on with me looking at him pretending that nothing had happened while he looked for a while there, before continuing. I was already feeling somewhat uneasy (compounded by the ... motion passing that I was holding back for a bit), so I left to look for a petrol station to relief myself.

Why the petrol station? Many reasons, one being that there aren't any toilet paper left and the second being that I don't want to stay in the room by myself behind a closed door.

And that wasn't the first time, he said...

No comments: