12 May 2008

Three Months of Depression

Or not.

My office's technical consultant greeted me this morning with the usual 'How is everything' and my first answer to him was, 'Depression is setting in' by explaining that the football season has ended.

'There's still the Euro!' he said.

Hmmm. I did forget about that.

Even with the Premier League finale happening yesterday, there's still the Euros to look forward to. A strange case of absence for England that hasn't happened for over a decade since USA 94, but could be a blessing in disguise as the team was in need of some rejuvenation, starting with a good jolt to the psyche of self-expectation.

It's funny but perhaps me forgetting it might have much to do with England not being in.

Perhaps now they'd rethink the problem with the current national setup and start fixing it from the root. Amazing talents coming up from the U-21 and not to mention the current senior squad, it'd be a stupid waste to see such a generation of talent go without winning anything. Capello's no nonsense and in-your-face style is going to help things but I think he'll only be opening the way for future success rather than doing it outright.


'Does Steve Bennett ...'

There was a joke on RAWK that began with a thread name that said, 'Does Steve Bennett...'.

I knew it would be about the referee of the Wigan-Man Utd match that decided the title yesterday night and who wouldn't be taking the mickey of it?

With the exception of Man Utd fans themselves, everybody saw how Man Utd escaped a penalty when Rio Ferdinand blocked a shot with his arm, Scholes not given a 2nd yellow card he deserved for that obstruction of a Wigan player as well as that dubious penalty decision for a dive by Wayne Rooney.

I told my cousin that if they fail to win this game then I'll turn vegetarian for one week.

No comments: