4 July 2008

One Thing After Another

I was off work yesterday for the reason that I woke up with a splitting headache. The feeling was that of a post-migraine attack (they are known to happen sometimes when one is sleeping), the throbbing pain at one side of the head that moves from one point to another. It felt like having little people in the head hammering at the wall of the skull whilst the eyeball felt like it was threatening to explode - sleeping does little to alleviate the problem as you can hardly sleep with the pain!

Got an MC and some painkillers from the doctor, took some and eventually managed to get some rest at around 10:00 am, waking up some six hours later feeling like I've never went to nap.

And thanks to this sleeping stint I stayed awake until 2:30 am or so, making waking up this morning at 6:40am a gargantuan task to undertake. Nevertheless I managed to drag my carcass off the bed and prepared myself for work, knowing that it won't be longer before I get to rest again for the weekend.

Went to the station early I normally do with the increasing number of people taking up parking space ever since the fuel hike, visiting the toilet in the process as I had a rather big dinner the night before due to skipping lunch. Timing it right, I was ready to leave to take the train only to find the (most elementary) bidet to loosen its grip on the water pipe.

Voila, water splashing to my feet resulting in soaked socks and shoe.

Things couldn't get any worst eh? Well, I missed the train by mere minutes. The next thing you know my belt gave way again as I walked to the office from KL Sentral and it began to rain (albeit droplets). Oh, did I mention that I forgot to bring my MC and claim slip too? Ah yes, I also forgot to bring my TnG card.

Stopped by the GME Factory outlet to get three pair combo of socks to change with the wet one that I took off at the station (so I rode the train without socks - how funny that would look).

Ah, what a nice start to the morning.

Note to self - secure rubber hose to pipe before using.

No comments: