10 July 2009

RIP Michael Jackson 1959-2009


Took me a while to get to this. For some reason it felt as if I can't believe Michael's gone. Grew listening to him as a kid. BAD was the first cassette from MJ that I ever had (bested in terms of first cassette I ever had by Lionel Richie) together with the single special of Leave Me Alone. Ashamedly I admit to putting on socks and doing the Moonwalk and tried to do the gravity-defying lean, thankfully without causing the need for plastic nose surgery in those attempts.

With so many good songs to choose from, it was tough to omit some but here is the list of my ten favourite MJ songs.

1. Billie Jean
2. Smooth Criminal
3. The Way You Make Me Feel
4. Man In The Mirror
5. Liberian Girl
6. Leave Me Alone
7. Human Nature
8. Rock With You

I decided not to write a single thing about his screwed up childhood, child molestation allegations, weird lifestyle habits and most of all about the circumstances leading to his death - many of which are speculations from the media in their last effort to milk him of his fame for their own selfish benefits.

Instead, I will remember MJ as the King of Pop.

"I don't want to die, I want to live forever".

Michael's body is dead but his music and legacy is immortal.

There is no other like him.

No comments: