25 August 2009

In this dark cold hotel room

I love the city skyline at night.

It was fortunate to be given the room on the 18th floor of the hotel in JB during this trip where the view is a magnificent one with an obstructed view of the city all the way towards Singapore across the straits. Dots of light puncture the darkeness like the sky on a starry night, mostly still whilst others moving in a line that never cease, others blink and shone in a myriad of colours, the hum of the room aircond the only thing audible. I could just sit back into the sofa with the light's off and just stare out into what I'd consider one of the most magnificent man-made 'incidental beauties'.

It's a pity that the camera on the 5800XM couldn't quite capture the nightscape very well, the end result being something greatly unspectacular compared to what I can see with my own eyes.

No comments: