20 August 2009

Liposuction fat and soap

It's coming to a full week of my sleeping problem tonight as I still find it difficult to fall into deep slumber for more than the usual 6 - 8 hours. I was very sleepy by 8.30 pm this evening and decided to sleep the evening off till the morning like I normally would at such situations, only to wake up just a little over an hour later. After a short trip to the toilet to relieve myself, I tossed and turned in bed for the next half hour until which I gave up and came here.

I'm not sure why but it would sound pretty silly to suggest that I have trouble going to sleep. Ask anybody who knows me and they'll tell you that I'm one of those who could pig out for hours and more if in the mood or if the weather is just too nice to doze to.

It does seem as if sleeping pattern had been screwed up by the weekend as usual - I tend to stay up till the wee hours of the morning of Sunday, being the nocturnal creature that I am - but nothing a couple of days of the new weekday and even badminton night couldn't fix. Perhaps I would try to change the habit a little by going to bed by 2.00 am instead of the usual six in the morning but not even that would stop me from napping the afternoon off either.

I'm bothered by something. What is it?

I'd not venture into the paranormal as that happens to be a favourite subject of mine as long as I'm not involved, though it could be said surely enough that I don't have those kinds of problems, thank God. This is the seventh month on the Chinese lunar calendar and I have heard of enough stories of strange things happening to dismiss it outright as balderdash. I am Christian yes, however we also believe of the existence of creatures of spirit, good and evil, so I don't go and tempt the devil by being an arrogant little fool.

Work is work, nothing new there. Doing all right, not bad, nothing crazy, fine. I even passed my certification exam today with a respectable score though a review of the result showed that I got some of the tough questions right and the easy ones wrong. I'm not nervous about going to JB for a project next week either as the difference is just the location of the site - with careful preparations made which are within my power to do so, things should be fine. Apart from that, in good terms with my work mates, no quarrels, plenty of laughs to go around.

The weekend is all mine, the money I earn is all mine (ok, some percentages belong to the banks I owe money to in hire purchase and study loans, small amount to the government as part of the tax structure as well as provident funds), all the free time is mine to play with. I have savings for purchases of personal satisfaction as well as some for future investments, including life insurance plans etc.

My health is all right, though it could be better if I lose more weight and exercise more. I enjoy food of all sorts from around the country, plenty of vegetable, proper portions of meat and kept egg yolks to a minimum. Proper amount of seafood, mostly in the form of sardines, anchovies and fish if I can get it, occasionally prawns. Enough varieties in what I eat not let it go boring.

I have just described a guy content with a life almost sorted (a house is a next investment), better than many are doing at this economic climate, better than some who are born into the cycle of poverty, better than some who remain as they are. Not as great as those who made it big, not as good as those who had an extra dash of luck, not as fortunate as those with endless supplies of inherited luxury.

I am grateful of course - make no mistake about it - whilst at the same time thankful that my efforts and gambles had not gone to waste or at least, minimal. Nothing to worry much either.

At least I know I haven't been stealing liposuction fat and making soap...

Alas, perhaps I'm just bored out of my skull.

1 comment:

SmithGreham said...

Liposuction is used to remove the top layer of fat rather than deep. Some areas of the body to better respond to liposuction.

Lipo