8 November 2009

Whoa!

Was just listening to the radio on my way out for lunch and a song got my attention. The singer was lamenting about her lover who is always absent. The laid back and mellow mood of the song was so 'alien', standing out like a sore thumb amongst the rock & roll, emo music that saturates the airwaves that it would seem inappropriate at all.

Came home googling for 'Bitterheart' and surprise, surprise - she's one of our own! OMG! At first I thought someone at the radio station had a nostalgic moment and put on a 60s-styled song. I thought it was a master touch as it certainly got me listening, as well as curious. I've always liked the slow music of the olden days for the relaxing mood that they bring, especially from the somewhat muffled speakers of old radio.

Zee Avi - Bitterheart

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. she is!

song yang introduced her to me was "kantoi". and yeah, a 19 years old girl sure like that song la. maybe not your type. but, but, i like her, as much as you do.